Assure Can Return a Former Grow-Op Property to a Healthy and Legally Compliant Environment - Safely, Effectively, and Quickly
Marijuana Grow-Op Consultation & Remediation
Assure Property Solutions Inc. NEEDS to be a part of ANY Former Grow-Op Remediation. Mold and (IAQ) Indoor Air Quality Sampling and Testing MUST be performed. It is recommended that the home or building be Sampled and Tested before the remediation and sometimes during the process (Refer to 2020 WCB WorkSafe BC procedures).
A professional Remediation Company will perform Sampling and Testing prior to sealing up any repairs and perform “Clearance Testing” before allowing ANY homeowner or business staff to enter and re-occupy the space. This is for their personal safety.
Assure Property Solutions Inc. wants to be a part of Returning a Former Grow-Op Property back to a Healthy and Legally Compliant Environment - Safely, Effectively, and Quickly
Assure Property Solutions Indoor Environmental Consulting Services offer complete assessment and remediation management for successful rehabilitation of marijuana grow-op properties.
What’s Next After an Order to Remedy an Unsafe Building?
Marijuana grow-ops are more common than you think, with many unsuspecting landlords and property managers falling victim to these illegal and potentially dangerous operations.
If a police raid on your property reveals a marijuana grow-op, you will likely receive an Order to Remedy an Unsafe Building. The order describes the conditions you’ll need to meet before you can resolve your case. The electrical supply to the building will also most likely have been disconnected.
To restore your property to a healthy and legally compliant state, you must provide the municipality with an environmental assessment stating that the building is:
• fit for occupancy,
• free from biological and chemical hazards
• structurally sound
FortisBC or your electrical provider will also require this information to turn the power back on.
What’s Included in the Environmental Assessment?
A Physical Assessment of the Property To Determine:
1. The extent of fungal (usually mold) contamination and its source(s).
2. If any indoor pesticide contamination and its source(s) are present.
3. The extent of water and indoor moisture damage
4. A remediation plan to mitigate the above
5. A verification report that re-evaluates the environmental conditions, post remediation
What Does An Assure Assessment Include?
Our Comprehensive Assessment Includes:
1. History/Review of the Property from the Current Owner
2. A Thorough Inspection of the Property
3. Sampling and Laboratory Analysis of Molds and Asbestos as necessary
4. A Full Written Report, Including Findings, Photos, Conclusions and Recommendations
5. Refer You To Professional Mold Abatement Contractors
6. Post-Remediation Assessment - Air Sampling and Testing to Document that the Cleanup Work Has Been Completed - ==Effectively.
What Are The Dangers Presented by a Grow-Op Property?
If not remediated safely and effectively, former marijuana grow-op properties can be highly dangerous to the health and safety of occupants, and even neighbours. Some of the more common risks include: